Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Creamy Cucumber Soup






I love the cold mint cucumber soup you get at Whole Foods Market.Although it is only a summer delicacy, I wanted to make something that can be enjoyed both in summer and winter be it hot or cold.

"Cooking Cucumber?? Are you sure you can do that?? It will definitely taste wierd ".
 These were the reactions given by my family when I wanted to make a dish with cucumber.

When we think of Cucumber all we think of is eating it raw. But this veggie can taste awesome when cooked.
Try this soup and find out for yourself.

My family was so reluctant to taste this soup when I made it the first time. Infact my dad said " It's so green , are you sure this will be good"
After umpteen assurances ,they finally tried it and they loved it!
It's my most frequented soup now!

So here is my recipe for a creamy cucumber soup
Serves 4

Cucumbers 2 peeled ,deseeded and diced
Onion 1 small diced
Jalapenos - 4 or 5
Veggie Broth 4 cups
Garlic Cloves 2 minced
Parsley Flakes few
Spring onions - for garnish
Avocado slices 4 for creaminess
Sour Cream/ Creme Fraiche 2 tablespoon
Oil 1 tsp
Salt and pepper to taste


Heat a stock pot and add oil.Add garlic and stir for a minute.
Add onions and cook till glazed.Add cucumbers and salt.
Fry for 2 minutes and add vegetable broth.
Add some parsley flakes.
Let the broth boil till cucumber is soft.
Switch off and let it cool.

In a blender add avacados and this gravy and blend to a smooth puree.

Heat it just before serving.This soup can be had cold too.
Add some sour cream and garnish with spring onions.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment